söndag 24 juli 2011

So lets think of Norway for a bit.

The country which in my eyes represents a calm temper, peace and outstanding living conditions. It’s also Norwegians that, together with Danes, in my opinion resemble Swedes the most. It is so close and I’m not sure if I would feel much different if it actually happened an hour or so east instead.
I do know that I would feel different if it happened in the middle east, cus there it happens all the time. And how horrible is that sentence? I know it’s really really bad cus all humans are equally worth in my eyes and I do feel bad for reacting like that. So why do we think like that (and yes, I know it’s not just me)? Well my guess is that we are only human and when tragedy hits close to home we can’t detach ourselves from it anymore. And maybe it’s wrong to detach ourselves from what happens in the rest of the world. Maybe we do it cus it is so hard to comprehend, but when evil stares in our faces we can’t avoid it anymore. Maybe after this weekend we will see other attacks around the world with new eyes.

It is truly unbelievable how one man can change the reality for thousands and thousands of people. How one man can consider it ok to kill someone else’s child, friend or sister? And I don’t think it stops with immediate family, I believe that the whole country, entire Scandinavia and maybe even Europe changed a bit over the weekend. Even if I don’t know anyone directly affected by the attack I know my reality has changed.

To all Scandinavians reading this, you should also read this!

Lots and lots of love to our brothers and sisters in the Northwest!

xx

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar